Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, February 8, 2008

"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25

We received a special gift this morning--an update on Isaac. Below is the email that we received from Natalie. Gladney's in-country representatives sent the update to her. I did change his name as we are only supposed to post non-identifying information.

"Isaac is simply a normal little boy! He is innocent, and apparently, very adaptable. Isaac is progressing nicely, and starting to investigate himself and his surroundings. His hand is the main point of interest right now, and he is easily entertained by it – for now that is!
Current Weight: 11.68 pounds”

6 comments:

mama becca said...

Hey there!
Thanks for your comment. We would love to get together sometime (especially when we have our boys home :). We're right up the road! So nice to read your update. We got one too... it's been very bittersweet for me. I'm having a hard, hard time right now. Just sad, I guess. Definitely thought we'd have a court date by now. God's timing is not ours sometimes. Sigh.
Praying for your court date as well!
becca

CHRISTY said...

It was such a pleasure meeting you today at the Mestas gathering. We will certainly be praying for you as you await your court date and travel time. We'll have even more fun stalking your blog now that we've met you in person. We hope that we have the opportunity to meet your precious Isaac! Christy Campbell

Susan said...

AWWWW! Can't you just picture him checking out his hands like babies do! I know you are anxious to get to him! How is the packing going? ;-)

Later! Susan

Tara said...

I just read your whole referral story- how exciting!!! Congrats on sweet little Isaac, I bet he is completely adorable! Our boys are just a few weeks apart- Malak was born on September 27th- I bet they are friends, over there at the Gladney Center... :)

Rob and Candy said...

so sweet.... I cannot wait to hear more!
candy

Dana C said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I am so happy for you all- i cannot wait for the day we have a picture to have and to hold. I am so ready to see her precious face. I remember when you were doing the HS and just deciding to adopt from Ethiopia...now its almost here! i am so encouraged by you and your blog. blessings to you and Sean and Ciara.

dana cordell