Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another Update on Isaac

Today has been such a confirmation of God's love for us, His sovereignty and how He is moving in so many ways that we cannot see. This morning we received an update from Natalie. I mentioned in the post below that an adoptive family had taken a blankie, letter, and photo to Isaac for us. Well, I was busy working away, when I received an email from the adoptive mom. It was just what I needed for today. I've copied it below.

"First let me say your little man is the sweetest thing. We saw him on Wednesday the 20th. When we got to the foster care house he was being held by Travis downstairs, like he was ready and waiting for us to get there. I recognized him right away and pulled out his gift. I gave him his blanket toy that he grasped onto right away and the other hand had the picture. I read him his letter and his little face just lit up. Travis said that they would start calling him cutie pie for his big sister. I held him for about 20 minutes and he never stopped smiling. He has such a sweet spirit and you could tell he knew he was loved. I held onto him until they made me give him back! I hope you enjoy the pictures."

She sent us lots of pictures. It meant so much that she held him and loved on him awhile for us (and that she read him the letter).

7 comments:

Rob and Candy said...

so sweet! I love that you have contact, even if it's through another family. I cannot wait to hear that you have a court date!
candy

mama becca said...

that's soooo great. It does your heart good, doesn't it? :)
have a great weekend...
becca

mama becca said...

I'm checking your blog waaaaay too often... hope you get some big news soon!
becca

Team Dragovich said...

Hey... You didn't tell me about your blog!! Waiting with you for THE dated for THE SUCCESSFUL court date :)
Hugs,
Shari
Team Dragovich

Tara said...

I know! I think I check your blog almost as much as I check my own to see if you've gotten a courtdate yet...it HAS to be soon!!

Tara said...

Ok. This week is OUR week. It really HAS to be this time! (when I say "ours", i mean both of ours not just mine) :)

Susan said...

Oh, I wish you'd hear something new soon! I know you wish that even more! Come on court date!

You are tagged. Please, see our blog for instructions. It isn't too bad!

Love, Susan www.schmidtcafe.blogspot.com