Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, February 25, 2008

One Month and Holding...and Trusting God

Today is the official one month mark that we have been waiting for a court date. We do not have any news to report, as we have not received any. One of the families who recently traveled did email us some pictures of Isaac, which were a welcome sight. We are trusting that everything will come about in God's perfect timing, but as I've said before, it gets really hard and then it gets harder. For about a week and a half, I didn't even go into Isaac's nursery. I still haven't been in there except for a brief period on Friday night. I sat in the rocker and thought about when the day actually arrives that I can hold him and rock him. I was then on the verge of tears and so I'm avoiding the nursery again. Ciara asks daily when Baby Brother will be home. We keep telling her that God has a plan for our family and that He will bring Baby Brother home in His timing. Ciara has said that she is ready now. We are too, but there is more waiting to be done, more lessons to be learned, and more time to grow closer to our Heavenly Father.

We are preparing to cook our first Ethiopian meal on our own. We have grown to love Ethiopian food so much, but it is quite expensive, so we're hoping to become expert chefs. We found a new international market in Garner that has many of the spices, red lentils, etc. that we need at really good deals (no berbere, however), so we've decided to have a feast this weekend. It would be nice if we had something to celebrate (a court date), but we're just going to have fun cooking together. I'll be sure to post a photo our our feast.

3 comments:

C.C. said...

Your family is on our hearts as you wait and ache to hold your baby.

Can't wait to see pics of the feast!!

Susan said...

(((Hugs))) I've heard that this wait is even worse than the wait for the referral. :-(

We just got a pound of berbere last week that we had ordered online. I wish we could find it locally because it was very expensive to ship. I'm looking forward to reading about your feast also and am wanting to make my own!

Love & Prayers, Susan

mama becca said...

Here's hoping for court dates this week... today marks 6 weeks of waiting for us :(.
Isn't it so hard to explain this to other kids in the home? My 4 yr old is just as sad as we are and cannot understand why "baby brother" can't come home yet. I just tell her "neither can I!" and remind her of God's perfect timing. It's good to remind her, because it reminds me, too.
Hang in there!
becca