Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Introducing Cutie Pie to Ciara's Preschool Friends

Ciara attends our church's preschool three days per week. She loves all of the teachers and her friends. She was so excited to tell them all about her Cutie Pie. I took the printed photos that I have for her to share, along with a book called E is for Ethiopia. We had told her teacher about our referral on Sunday. She said that she would share the photos with Ciara's class on Tuesday. When I picked Ciara up on Tuesday, her teacher told me that she wanted to wait and share the photos and book during library time on Wednesday morning with all of the 3 year old classes. Their is a little girl in Ciara's class how was adopted from China, so Ciara's teacher wanted to help the children better understand adoption. So on Wednesday morning, Ciara showed the pictures to all of the three year olds and told them that his name was you guessed it, "My Cutie Pie." I think this is a battle we won't win. One of the teachers read the book to the students about Ethiopia. I am so thankful that all of the teachers and staff understand the blessing of adoption and want to help prepare these children to understand adoption and that God builds families in different ways. They have been so sensitive in answering child's questions.

1 comment:

Susan said...

How exciting for Ciara to share her "cutie pie" with her class! I love it! ~Susan