Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Nursery Makeover Begins!

This morning started out early. I had to meet with a family for a final home study visit, so I got up around 7. Sean got up at the same time and figured that he could get started painting before Ciara got up and wanted to lend her painting skills. Well, Sean's plan backfired. By the time I got out of the shower, I heard a little voice saying, "Daddy, I want to help. I want to help." I have the most patient husband. By the time I got dressed and over to the nursery, sure enough, there was Sean rolling away with Ciara right beside him with a paint brush. She was beaming. Of course, I had to run get by camera. She was so excited to be able to help.



Last night about 1am, we emailed some people about a white crib, changing table, and glider rocker. We're big craigslist fans. Also around 1am, we were looking at photos that my mom had emailed us of a crib set that she had bought for her house but was offering us. We loved it and couldn't believe that it will match the color that we picked out. Right before I walked out the door, the phone rang and I heard Sean setting up an appointment for me to pick up the crib after I finished up with my visit. So, after meeting with my family, I drove to Cary and bought the crib. We didn't have any luck with the other two items, but we felt like we were making progress.



Once I got home, we headed out for Babies-R-Us. There we found a changing table and some other items for the nursery. We came home and put together the changing table, all the while still trying to decide between two names. While looking at the pictures, Ciara promptly told us that her little brother's name was "My Cutie Pie." My Cutie Pie is the only name Ciara is interested in calling her baby brother. I can just imagine how this will go over when he's 13.

No comments: