Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Name Has Been Chosen

This morning we went to church as usual. What wasn't usual is that I cried through just about the whole service. All I could think about is how good God is and how awesome it is to feel His love in such a personal way. It never ceases to amaze me how God continues to pour out His love to us when we don't deserve it one bit. While we haven't held our son, he certainly is a tangible expression and gift of God's love to our family.



After the service, we had lunch and then went to look for a rocker. We never did find the rocker that we wanted, but we did find a great deal on a dresser. We continued to discuss the different names on my list (Sean liked all of them by the way and couldn't think of any to add. His favorite two were also my favorite two when I made the list a while back.). We said the different names in different ways (the you're in trouble tone, the my baby's hurt come here tone, the Hello, my name is ____ tone for job interviews down the road, and the very important first, middle, and last name tone of you're past being in trouble and better be changing your behavior now tone). All the while, we kept asking Ciara which name she liked best. She repeatedly said, "My Cutie Pie." Can you tell that she is a strong willed, but incredibly loving and precious child? Well, we hope we have your curiosity up by now. We would like to introduce you to our son, Isaac (but we still can't show you any pictures). Just know that he is totally precious and mighty handsome even with snot in his nose (you'll see it in the referral photo when we can post them). So to get on with the story, we told Ciara that we were going to name Baby Brother, Isaac. Ciara said quite boldly, "Mommy, I not going to call him Isaac. I going to call him "My Cutie Pie." We gave up and just told her that Mommy and Daddy are going to call him Isaac and that she can call him "My Cutie Pie." One day, he can try to set her straight about that, but I'm about certain that she will always call him, "My Cutie Pie." After this great debate, we went to a favorite gift shop of ours so that Ciara could pick a pacifier out for Isaac. Would you believe that they had one with "Cutie Pie" written on it? It is waiting for him.

No comments: