Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We're making progress!

Today, we feel like the ball is finally rolling. Late yesterday evening, we received an email stating that our social worker should contact us soon to set up our interviews for the homestudy. We were very excited to receive this news. They said that the process normally takes 8 to 10 weeks (counting from yesterday's date). Today, on my 4th trip to our doctor's office, I believe we have all of our physical forms completed and notarized properly, along with our letters from our doctor. I'm going to scan a bunch of our dossier documents (employer letter, birth certificates, marriage certificate, physical exams, letters from our doctor, and one of our reference letters) and send them to our coordinator for approval. I'm praying that we get an all clear on these documents and can start on the next "chunk" of paperwork.

Sean received notice yesterday that he has to write a letter of repentance for his two speeding tickets that showed up on his county criminal background check (one was 10 years ago). In his letter, he has to show deep remorse, state why he was speeding, and explain what he has learned from these encounters and that how is has not, nor will not, happen again. My one speeding ticket and a few more for Sean didn't show up on the county check. We're thinking we may wait for our FBI clearances to come back and then see what all we need to write about. I'm sure my mom is beaming with the knowledge that I have to write a letter of repentance (I still hear about that ticket occasionally). You all never knew that we were such criminals, did you???

This whole experience is really humbling me. I have felt like I can relate pretty well to all that my families are going through, since we have adopted before. Sean and I have total peace about God's timing and are okay whenever we receive our child, but all of this going back and forth for this paperwork is a test in patience. I guess I need to hurry up and learn my lesson!

No comments: