Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, May 19, 2007

God at work.

It never ceases to amaze me how God puts people in our paths. I was conducting a home visit today for a family adopting from China. In the course of my interviewing them, they asked about taking there three kids with them to China. I talked with them about the pros and cons and what other families had shared. In the end, I told them that they needed to pray about it and make the decision that was right for there family. I shared with them that this was something that Sean and I are praying about and that we are adopting from Ethiopia. They just smiled and said, "We've actually been to Ethiopia." My jaw dropped. They told me a little about the food (I think a trip to Ethiopia will be a great diet plan for me), traveling, the people and the culture. In the end, they said that they wouldn't have any hesitations about taking a 3 year old with them to Addis Ababa (where we would be staying). Now, if we were trekking across in the bush, that would be a different story, but you all know that this is a big enough adventure for our family without the bush experience. This family was very open to us talking with them more as we gather questions. We're just praising God for putting this family in our paths.

No comments: