Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Court Date Yet

Well, I haven't fallen off the planet, but I have been traveling a good bit doing some home visits and have not had a chance to update our blog. Good Friday marked our 8th week of waiting for a court date. I had a phone call with Natalie, our case worker on Thursday afternoon and basically I didn't learn too much. It seems there isn't any rhyme or reason to court dates, so we are just stuck waiting some more. I never thought the wait would be this long. It is hard not to think about all the ways Isaac is growing without us, but we continue to trust God and know that His timing is perfect (notice I said trust, I definitely don't understand it, but I am trusting in Him). Natalie is hoping to hear good news for us this week. I'm not getting my hopes up until we get the call or email.

For those of you who have court dates tomorrow, I will be praying extra today and this evening. I'm hoping for successful court dates the first round for all of you. Blessings!

6 comments:

mama becca said...

Thanks for your prayers... please know that Zach and I are praying for you to hear good news this week, too. I'm really quite upset for you... Almost as ready as you are for you to have a court date! I like how you put it- you don't understand this, but you're trusting His timing. Good perspective... praying for your heart as you endure this nasty wait.
take care-
becca

Shelly Roberts said...

Praying here!! ... think of you so often. Will continue praying and trusting God to make the way smooth for you to be united with your precious babe! Blessings~ Shelly

renee treat said...

The 8th week is the lucky week! Hang in there. We got our call at the 8 week mark and I'm hopeful you'll hear something before the weekend... I know it's frustrating knowing he is out there and there's nothing you can do to get closer to him.

mama becca said...

COME ON COURT DATE!!!!!!

-Samantha- said...

Thanks for your support. It really makes a difference.

Shelly Roberts said...

Okay!, just checkin' in and want you to know I'm still praying for you for a court date!!!! Know that you're not alone in this ... we're all anxious to hear of progress. We are here for you!! Take Care~ Shelly