Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not Today

Our caseworker called a little while ago and said that Belay had gone to court but that MOWA has not entered their opinion yet. MOWA has not requested any additional paperwork, however, so we are taking that as a good sign. I think they are simply swamped due to the scheduled power outages and more people adopting from Ethiopia. It was ironic, because I had an Ethiopian Cultural Awareness training today with AWAA. At the end, Duni, the Director of the Ethiopian program at AWAA, stated the same things. Last year, the number of adoptions from Ethiopia doubled. We don't really have a new court date. Our file is considered open with the courts. Other matters regarding our case have been heard in court, so it is just a matter of the judge receiving MOWA's opinion. While we're ready to travel to Ethiopia now (okay, not literally--I don't even have a packing list yet), we're trusting God's perfect timing. I'm so thankful that He sees the big picture and we don't have to worry. Please continue to pray for us, Isaac, and our case. We will update you the minute that we receive the good news.

4 comments:

mama becca said...

Thanks for the update- can't wait to see the good news post!!! SOON!!!
becca

DC said...

I am so sorry that today was not the day.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a thoughtful comment. I'll be following your journey and praying your case makes it through court ASAP.

Team Dragovich said...

Hey you!! Thanks for checking in with us :) That made me smile. I was hoping that since you DID leave a comment, that meant you had some good news that I could check out-- AAAHHH!! These MOWA people are... well... working very hard, I'm sure and you are right; we hold NO key and that is a GOOD thing. So, it can all be a GOD thing. There. Keepin' it positive :D
Love,
Shari

Sparkz said...

Wow. I hope that you know more soon and that it's GREAT news. Come on court... I know it's hard to wait and I'm just waiting for a referral... I have realized, myslef, that its in Gods control and thats the best place for it to be. Even knowing that, it still is hard to wait though.